To make your travels and holiday more enjoyable, pop in before you leave to have any niggling pain or problems treated. We have some advice for you:
- When embarking on a long journey, remember to take your lumbar roll if you have back problems.
- Divide your journey into short segments of two hours or less. This avoids driver fatigue and your back will thank you for the break. Get out and have a short walk, this helps stretch your spine and takes pressure off your lower back.
- Remember to take your own pillows with you if you have neck problems as sleeping in a different bed with different pillows may aggravate your symptoms.
- Try and take a daily walk of about half an hour – it has great health benefits. Don’t forget to take good walking shoes with you and start slowly, gradually increasing your speed and distance to avoid any injuries
- Keep on doing your physio exercises even if you are on holiday.
- Remember to drink water regularly and maintain a healthy diet. Getting enough sleep and doing regular exercise are major factors in decreasing pain
- Don’t forget your hat and sunblock.